Summer is the perfect time for light, healthful meals, and few of Connecticut’s locally produced foods are as renowned for health and well-being as honey. As Red Bee Honey‘s Marina Marchese puts it, honey is “ancient medicine!” With that in mind, we hope you’ll dig into this delicious recipe by Connecticut’s own Chef Plum, featured on the latest episode of Edible Nutmeg on the Road.
- 1 pint roasted tomatoes, quartered and diced
- 3 pickled shallots, diced
- 1 jalapeno, roasted and diced (remove seeds for a less spicy dish!)
- 1 tbsp. cilantro stems, diced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. light honey
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 large cucumber
- Quarter and dice tomatoes. Dice jalapeno. In a pan, roast tomatoes and jalapenos over light to medium heat in olive oil, not too long. Tomatoes should be warmed, not liquefied.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, jalapeno, shallots, cilantro stems, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Thinly slice cucumber and portion contents of mixing bowl to the slices. Serve!